Asbestos is one of the things where many people don’t have much idea about. In order to learn more about asbestos related information, these are some of the FAQ’s that will help you to find the correct information.
- When did asbestos come into existence? – During 1940’s to 1980’s, asbestos was considered to be one of the most popular substance used as a building material. Countries such as Australia, United Kingdom and United States of America depended heavily on asbestos during the early 1940’s. Experts have also revealed that ancient Romans, Egyptians and Greeks relied heavily on asbestos for making basic building materials.
- When did asbestos come into being banned? –Majority of the countries have now banned from the use of asbestos. Some of the countries that banned the use of asbestos include the following;
- Norway – 1984
- Italy – 1992
- Germany – 1993
- UK – 1999
- Chile – 2001
- Are there countries still using asbestos even today? – Incredibly, yes. India, China and Russia are some of the countries that are still using asbestos even today.
- Why was asbestos used in the earlier days? –Asbestos is known to consist of idyllic properties such as being strong, highly resistant to heat, alkali, incombustible, versatility, electric current etc. These are some of the reasons that regarded asbestos to be used on a wide scale.
- Can asbestos be made by man? – No, as asbestos is a fibrous material that occurs during its natural state. In the earlier days, asbestos could be mined to countries such as South Africa, China, Canada, Russia, Kazakhstan and Brazil.
In Newcastle, asbestos removal has become mandatory at work place and homes.