The success of an organization is determined by the strength of its people. For this reason, it is important for employees to have access to training and learning opportunities that help them stay abreast of changes in industry standards, techniques, and best practices.
One of the methods that organizations use to improve and develop the skills of their employees is eLearning. This method is a superior alternative to traditional classroom settings to provide training materials to employees in an organization. You can also visit https://instructionaldesigncompany.com/services/ to know about elearning solutions online.
Image Source: Google
Adult Learning Theory
For hundreds of years, the way that humans acquire knowledge has been checked. In the 1970s, Malcolm Knowles began to look critically nuance of adult learners, develop adult learning theory (also known as andragogy).
• Self-concept: As a person matures, he becomes more independent.
• Experience: Adults drawing on past experiences to learn.
• Readiness: adult readiness to learn to connect with their desire for a new social role.
• Orientation: Adults want to apply new knowledge immediately in problem solving situations.
• Motivation: Adults are motivated by internal factors.
Adult learning specialists expanded adult learning theory, adding that:
• Adults are committed to learning when they can use the information in the "real world."
• Adults have an ego factor, not related to the child's learning. adult learning should be prepared to provide support from peers and reduce the fear of judgment.
• Adult find small group activities help to application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of new information.