Do you wish to configure the N300 range extender on your existing router or home network? If yes, then we want to mention here that connecting the extender to the router will not only increase the speed of the internet but also help in sending the data to the dead zones inside the house.
Steps for ‘How to setup Netgear Wi-Fi extender N300’.
- Unbox the extender and connect it to the power supply.
- Turn on the computer and connect the extender to it either physically or wirelessly.
- If you are going to connect wirelessly, then select the extender SSID from the list of available networks and connect to it.
- If you have connected physically via wire, then the Mywifiext page will automatically appear on the web browser.
- If it doesn’t open, you can enter the address manually.
- After the default address opens, you will find the username and password box. Enter the default username and password in the field and press ‘Enter’.
- A dashboard will now open from where you need to go to the ‘New extender setup’ option.
- Read on-screen instructions and follow them in the same manner.
- Once everything is properly configured, you will find ‘Extender successfully’ configured message.
Now, you will be asked to register the device online. If you want you can skip the registration for a while and move to the next step. Start connecting the Wi-Fi devices to the extender using its SSID and password. If you are getting any problem, you can contact experts.