Seaweed is an algae that grows along rocky seashores around the world but it is mostly eaten in Asian countries such as Korea, Japan, and China. It is known as a food source for ocean life and its color is different at different places such as red, green, brown, and black.
It is very versatile and used in different types of dishes including rolls, soups, salads, etc. Seaweed flavor (also known as “รสสาหร่าย” in the Thai language) is very popular among people who love to eat seafood.
Here are some health benefits of seaweed:-
1) Seaweed has the ability to absorb intense amounts of iodine from the ocean which is good for our health.
2) It contains an amino acid known as tyrosine that requires our body to function properly.
3) Each type of seaweed has a rich source of nutrients such as Vitamin A, C, E, and K along with zinc, sodium, calcium, and folate.
4) Dried seaweed not only adds taste to your food but texture, flavor, and looks also.
5) It contains a wide range of antioxidants that also protect our body from cell damage.
6) It contains sugar and fiber that are food sources and help to increase the growth of cells and nourish your gut.
With the above points, we can say that seaweed is a popular ingredient all over the world that is the best dietary source of iodine. You can use this ancient ingredient in your diet if you want to optimum health benefits of this.