All the maps and its updates are stored in Garmin GPS Devices. After heavy updates, storage fills quickly. So, to solve this problem you can move Maps from Your GPS Device to a Memory Card. You can also visit this link to get brief information about how to transfer maps from Garmin GPS device to a memory card. Follow these steps below to move your data to a memory card:
Steps to Move:
- Create a backup copy of your GPS then unhide all hidden files and folders. Bring GPS in “Mass Storage” mode and Copy the Garmin or. System directory to your computer. Also save the POI directory.
- Format your Memory Card in FAT32 format.
- Transfer the gmapprom.img, gmapprom.unl, gmapprom.gma files from Garmin folder on your navigation device to the Garmin folder on your memory card. Then, Rename the gmapprom files to gmapsupp.img, gmapsupp.unl, and gmapsupp.gma.
Important points to keep in mind:
- In some GPS models, transferring the map in the Garmin directory on a memory card will not work. Try the Map.
- The gmapprom.unl and gmapprom.gma files will only be available after the very first update of the GPS device with Garmin Express.
- To Make All the Files on Your GPS Appear on Windows, Select “Configuration and Settings” and then “MTP Settings”. Put the option on “Mass Storage”.